STEP 5 - After successful filing, you will need to provide copies of all the above filed forms as well as the Acceptance of Service, Appearance, Consent and Waiver.
STEP 6 - You will need to get your spouse to sign the Acceptance of Service, Appearance, Consent and Waiver to sign in front of a public notary and have it returned to you so you can file it with the clerk's office.
*If you have children you need to speak with the clerk about going to a parental divorce education class. This is required before going into your final hearing and upon completion you will receive a certificate that you will need to keep.
STEP 7 - You will need to meet with your spouse to complete the following divorce papers:
- Motion for Entry of Default Certificate
- Divorce Default Certificate
- Petitioner Affidavit of Jurisdiction and Grounds for Divorce
- Child Support Obligation Worksheet (only have to fill out the one that best serves you of the 3)
- Affidavit of Income Verification and Compliance with Child Support Guidelines
- Child Support Obligation Required Location Information
- Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law
- Utah Divorce Decree
- Notice to Submit for Entry of Decree of Divorce
Submit all of these forms to the clerk and provide a copy of the submitted forms to your spouse. At this time you will be granted a court hearing date.
STEP 8 - Bring copies of all filed documents with you to the court on the hearing date. Upon successful completion of all the forms the Judge will authorize your Divorce Decree which will make your divorce complete in the State of Utah.