- STEP BY STEP GUIDE -
STEP 1 - 2 ways to download the required Texas divorce papers:
Option A - BLANK TEXAS DIVORCE PAPERS
Option B - HAVE DIVORCE PAPERS FILLED IN FOR YOU!
- $299 Professional Service
STEP 2 - The Spouse that has decided to file for divorce must complete and file a Texas Divorce Petition. Pay the filing fee of $260 (check with your county as most are $260). Also, tell the clerk that your other spouse will complete a Waiver of Citation.
STEP 3 - After filing, you must send a copy of your filed Divorce Petition as well as the Waiver of Citation original (and one copy).
The non-filing spouse then needs to have the Waiver of Citation notarized and filed with the clerk.
STEP 4 - Both parties should meet and fill out the Final Decree of Divorce as well as the following attachments that apply to you:
- Exhibit Medical Child Support Order
- Exhibit Conservatorship
- Exhibit Rights and Duties
- Exhibit Possession and Access Order
- Exhibit Child Support Order
- Exhibit Required Information
- Employer's Order to Withhold From Earnings For Child Support