- WAIT 90 DAYS FROM THE DAY OF FILING THE FORMS -
STEP 3 - You will need to meet with your spouse and have the following forms completed and signed in front of a Notary:
- Marital Settlement Agreement
You will also have to complete the following forms and sign, but they do not need to be signed in front of a Notary.
- Affidavit of Consent and Waiver
- Praecipe to Transmit Record (*Attach this form to the Marital Settlement Agreement)
- Notice of Intention to Retake Prior Name (*If spouse chooses to revert to prior name)
STEP 4 - For cases where both spouses are in agreement over the divorce you will not need to attend a hearing. Instead, bring the forms from Step 3 and file them with the Prothonotary office. Make sure to bring with you the Divorce Decree (4 copies) and the clerk will guide your through the form. While at the Prothonotary office be sure to pick up the Record of Divorce form.
STEP 5 - Most likely you will not have a hearing and the Judge will send you in the mail your signed Divorce Decree. At this time, your divorce is final in the State of Pennsylvania.