- STEP BY STEP GUIDE -
STEP 1 - 2 ways to download the required Illinois divorce papers:
Option A - BLANK ILLINOIS DIVORCE PAPERS
Option B - HAVE DIVORCE PAPERS FILLED IN FOR YOU!
- $299 Professional Service
STEP 2 - The Spouse that has decided to file for divorce must complete the following forms and be sure to have them filed with the Court Clerk's Office in the County where you reside and pay the $223 (Always double-check with court) filing fee:
- Domestic Relations Cover Sheet
- Divorce Petition
- Disclosure Statement
- 2-Year Period of Separation Waiver
- Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act
- Affidavit of Military Service
STEP 3 - You must inform your spouse of the filing by sending copies of the filed documents (above) along with the following forms:
- Notice and Acknowledgement of Receipt of Summons
- Waiver of Process
Your spouse must complete and sign these 2 forms as well as file them with the county court clerk's office.
STEP 4 - You will have to negotiate the terms of the assets and debts the both of you have by jointly filling out and completing the following forms together.