STEP 4 - Now you are ready to go back to the clerk's office, and deliver the Proof of Service of Summons, as well as the original Summons.
STEP 5 -
Option A - If after approximately 30 days you have not heard from your spouse or the court, and your spouse did not return the Response to the court clerk's office. You are required to fill out the Request to Enter Default. You must go to the court clerk's office with 2 copies as well as an pre-addressed envelope, and the clerk will mail a filed copy to your spouse.
Option B - If your spouse did complete the response, then you both may fill out the Appearance, Stipulations, and Waivers Form and file with the clerk's office.
STEP 6 - You and your spouse must complete and give a signed copy to one another the following forms:
- Declaration of Disclosure
- Income and Expense Declaration
- Schedule of Assets and Debts
*Hold on to these until your court hearing or final Judgement.
STEP 7 - Each party must complete and submit the Declaration Regarding Declaration of Disclosure to the court clerk's office.
***Be sure to have your spouse check the box if you desire to not have the requirement of Final Declaration of Disclosure.
STEP 8 - At this time, if your ready to fill out the following form:
- Child Support Case Registry (*if you have children)
- Declaration For Default or Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation
- Instructions to Complete Order / Notice to Withhold Income For Child Support
*Attach Separation and Property Settlement Agreement
- Notice of Entry of Judgment
- Notice of Rights and Responsibilities / Information Sheet Changing a Child Support Order (*if you have children)
- Order / Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support (*if you have children)
***File all with the court clerk's office and be sure to have at least 2 copies of all divorce papers and 4 copies of the Judgment and attachment of Separation and Property Settlement Agreement.
STEP 9 - Go to your scheduled hearing and upon successful completion the Judge will grant you signed copies of the Judgement and Notice of Entry of Judgement. At this time your divorce has been completed in the State of California.
*NAME CHANGE - If you are seeking to change your name after divorce in California here are the necessary forms.