- STEP BY STEP GUIDE -
STEP 1 - 2 ways to download the required Alabama divorce papers:
Option A - BLANK ALABAMA DIVORCE PAPERS
Option B - HAVE DIVORCE PAPERS FILLED IN FOR YOU!
- $299 Professional Service
STEP 2 - The Spouse that has decided to file for divorce must complete the following forms and be sure to have them filed with the Circuit Court Clerk's Office in the County where you reside:
- Alabama Complaint for Divorce
- Affidavit of Testimony in Support of Decree
- Divorce Information Sheet
- Pay $324 filing fee with the court.
STEP 3 - You must inform your spouse of the filing by sending copies of the filed documents (above) and the Answer, Waiver, and Agreement for Taking of Testimony. You and your spouse will have to meet or you will have to have your spouse send the Answer, Waiver, and Agreement for Taking of Testimony back to you so that you can deliver the form to the clerk.
*IF YOU HAVE MINOR CHILDREN - Schedule a time to meet with your spouse in order to fill out the following forms:
- Child Support Obligation Income Statement
- Child Support Guidelines
- Child Support Guidelines Worksheet
- Child Support Guidelines Notice of Compliance
*File all 4 forms with the clerk once completed.